2. Information California Cash Collects a. User Provided Information. California Cash collects the personally-identifiable information (such as your name and email address) that you are required to provide in order to become a Member. California Cash also collects whatever information that you voluntarily provide to California Cash when participating in User activities such as setting up and personalizing your User profile, entering contests and/or promotions, posting on message boards and uploading videos.
c. Web Server Logs. When you visit our Site, we may track information to administer the Site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include: i. Your Internet protocol address; ii. the type of browser or computer you use; iii. the number of links you click within the Site; iv. the state or country from which you accessed the Site; v. the date and time of your visit; vi. the name of your Internet service provider; vii. the web page from which you linked to our Site; and viii. the pages you viewed on the Site.
d. Use Of Web Beacons Or jpg Files. The California Cash Site may contain electronic images known as web beacons – also called single-pixel jpgs and clear jpgs – that allow California Cash to track usage patterns of our Users anonymously. California Cash may include web beacons in email messages or newsletters to track which messages have been opened and acted upon. California Cash does not use web beacons to collect or access your personal information.
3. California Cash’s Use of Collected Information a. California Cash collects and uses your personally-identifiable information (i.e. your name and email address) to authenticate Users and to send notifications related to the California Cash service.
b. California Cash does not use your personally-identifiable information to send you marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a program in which you have the ability to opt out. We may however, use your email address without further consent for administrative purposes (such as notification and customer service purposes).
d. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily upload or submit online (on discussion boards, in messages, on your profile page, in chat areas, etc.) becomes available to the public and can be collected, redistributed and used by others. Your account name is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages via the California Cash Site, and other Users may contact you through messages and comments. California Cash Users may modify or remove their personal information at any time by logging into their account and editing their profile.
e. Any personal information or video content that you submit to the California Cash Site may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed, used and collected by the general public.
4. California Cash’s Disclosure of Information a. California Cash reserves the right to share non-personally-identifiable information such as aggregated site statistics with subsidiaries, partner companies, other trusted companies and individuals for processing on our behalf. This information is processed for purposes including providing customer service, analyzing usage data, server administration, and web design. These third parties may have access to personally-identifiable information in order to provide these services to us, but are prohibited from using the information for any other purpose.
b. California Cash does not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties for their marketing or commercial use without your consent or except as part of a program in which you have the ability to opt-out.
c. California Cash reserves the right to access, preserve, and disclose any information we have collected about you to respond to subpoenas, legal processes, government enforcement agencies, and to do what is necessary to comply with state and federal laws. California Cash also reserves the right to access, preserve, and disclose any information we have collected about you to take precautions against liability, to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use, to protect the security of the Site, and to protect the property and safety of California Cash and our Users.
5. Data Security a. California Cash takes precautions (such as requiring a unique password) to secure your personally-identifiable information so that it is not available to unauthorized parties. You are responsible for the security of your password and account information at all times.
b. California Cash makes commercially reasonable efforts to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. Since the Internet is not totally secure however, California Cash cannot ensure or warrant the security of the information you transmit to us. Transmitting such data is done at your own risk.
c. Promotions, Sweepstakes and Contests. From time to time, California Cash or a partner, may sponsor a promotion, sweepstakes or contest on the California Cash Site. Users may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate. We may transfer this personal information to certain ad partners from whom you have explicitly requested to receive information. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
7. Children’s Privacy California Cash does not knowingly collect or maintain personally-identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use or access the California Cash Site at any time or in any manner. If California Cash learns that personally-identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the California Cash Site, California Cash will take reasonable steps to delete this information.
8. International Users The California Cash Site is hosted in the United States, is intended for and directed to Users in the United States, and is governed by United States law. If you are a User accessing the site from a region with laws that differ from the United States with regard to personal data collection or other matters, please be advised that through your continued use of the California Cash Site, you are voluntarily transferring your personal information to Los Angeles, California in the United States.
9. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy In the event that California Cash is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.